Intelligent pigging refers to the inspection of pipelines using digital technology to understand the pipeline’s condition. A “pig” is a device that travels through a pipeline to clean and inspect the pipeline. Globally, the pipeline network for oil and gas products is over 3 million kilometers long, transporting oil and gas products worldwide. During oil and gas pipeline operations, the most common problems are corrosion, sludge, and wax deposition. To address such issues, pipeline inspection and maintenance are done periodically to avoid any damage to the pipeline.
The market for intelligent pigging services is projected to gain traction with increasing demand for oil and gas products. In addition, the oil and gas industry has witnessed major incidents of pipeline damage in the past that resulted in major product losses and accidents. Therefore, keeping pipeline infrastructure healthy is necessary for oil and gas companies. Moreover, regulatory policies across the globe regulating pipeline operations and oil spillage fuel the demand for intelligent pigging services. However, the shrinking I.T. budget of the oil and gas companies due to the slowdown in the oil and gas industry is expected to restrain the growth of the global intelligent pigging services market.
Over the forecast period, North America is expected to be the most dominant region in the global pigging service market. Increasing oil and gas production coupled with regulatory policies is anticipated to augment the growth of the intelligent pigging services market in the region.
The intelligent pigging services market in Europe and MEA is projected to register significant growth by 2023 due to the region’s growing oil and gas pipeline network. Apart from this, rising demand for oil and gas products is anticipated to fuel the intelligent pigging services market growth in the Asia Pacific region over the period 2016–2023.
The leading players identified across the value chain of the intelligent pigging services market focus on research and development of innovative products to make pigging operations more efficient.
The global intelligent pigging services market is segmented on the following bases:
- magnetic flux leak detection
- Ultrasonic testing
By End Use
- Oil Products
- Gas Products
- North America
Rest of Europe
Rest of APAC
- Rest of the World
- Latin America
- rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Key players identified across the value chain in the intelligent pigging services market include but are not limited to:
Baker Hughes Incorporated, T.D. Williamson, Inc., NDT Global, Enduro Pipeline Services, and General Electric Co., among others.
This report offers the following:
- An overview of the global intelligent pigging services market
- Market trends assessment for the period 2016-2023, with historical information for 2013 and 2014 and projections through 2023, with respective CAGRs during 2016-2023 and 2015 as the base year
- Qualitative assessment tools such as market drivers, challenges, and prospects, and competitive analysis: market positioning of key market players
- Focus on each level of market segmentation based on product approvals, launches, and current and anticipated market dynamics.
- A general overview of the industry structure
- Company profiles highlight key information about the major players operating in the global intelligent pigging services market.
- This report includes an estimation of market size and value. Both top-down and bottom-up approaches have been used to estimate and validate the global market size for intelligent pigging services.