Thermal spray coating technologies are highly versatile and used for an extremely wide range of applications. Thermal spray coating is a generic term for a group of processes that utilize a heat source to melt material in powder, wire, or rod form, which is then used to coat the required surface. Metals, alloys, ceramics, plastics, and composites are some of the coating materials available for thermal spraying.
All methods of thermal spraying involve the projection of small molten or softened particles onto a required surface, where they adhere and form a continuous coating. The coating quality increases with increasing particle velocities. Plasma spraying, detonation spraying, wire-arc spraying, flame spraying, high-velocity oxy-fuel coating spraying (HVOF), high-velocity air fuel spraying (HVAF), warm spraying, and cold spraying are the types of thermal spray coating.
Thermal sprayed coatings are typically applied to metal substrates, but they can also be applied to some plastic substrates. Thermally sprayed coatings uniquely enhance and improve the performance of the component.
Key application industries for thermal spray coating include turbines, aerospace, automotive, medical, and the steel industry. Aerospace was the largest application segment in 2015, followed by the turbine and automobile industries. Increasing demand from various applications like the automotive and aerospace industries is expected to be one of the key market drivers.
North America was the largest market for thermal spray coating in 2015. Growing automobile and aerospace sectors have resulted in rising demand for coating precision automobile and aero-engine parts in the region. Asia Pacific is the fastest-growing market due to the developing aerospace and defense sectors, and many automobile manufacturers are setting up units there, particularly in India and China.
Countries covered under each region
- North America
- The U.K.
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- South-east Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East and Africa
Key players identified for the Sulphur Recovery Technology market include but are not limited to:
Praxair Surface Technologies, Metallization, OerlikonMetco, TST Engineered Coating Solutions, Kermetico, Inc., Flame Spray Coating Co., Surface Technology, Air Products & Chemicals, and other notable players
This report offers the following:
- An overview of the global markets for thermal spray coating
- Market trends assessment for the period 2014-2023, with historical information for 2013 and 2014 and projections through 2023, with respective CAGRs during 2016-2023
- Qualitative assessment tools such as market drivers, challenges, and future prospects
- Market competition scrutiny tools such as market share analysis, fractal map assessment, and Porter’s Five Forces model
- Focus on each level of market segmentation based on product approvals, launches, and current and anticipated market dynamics.
- A general overview of the industry structure
- Company profiles highlight key information about the major players operating in the thermal spray coating market.