The latest market report published by Credence Research, Inc. is “Global Onychomycosis Treatment Market: Growth, Future Prospects, and Competitive Analysis, 2016 – 2028”. The Global Onychomycosis Treatment Market generated revenue of around USD 4372.5 million in 2021 and is anticipated to grow a CAGR of over 5.3% during the forecast period from 2022 to 2028 to reach around USD 5960.73 million in 2028.
Onychomycosis is a fungal infection that causes disfigurement, chronic pain, and discomfort in the toenails and fingernails. Symptoms of the disease include whitish to yellow-brown discoloration, distortion of nail structure, and crumbly and ragged texture of the nails. It is primarily diagnosed using potassium, oxygen, and hydrogen (KOH) testing, culture, and histopathological examinations of nail clippings and biopsies and are treated using laser therapy, drugs, and photodynamic therapies. One of the major factors driving the market growth is the increasing prevalence of chronic illnesses such as diabetes, HIV, and peripheral artery disease (PAD), as well as onychomycosis. Moreover, the growing geriatric population, which is more susceptible to such disorders due to a weakened immune system, is expected to drive the demand for onychomycosis treatment during the forecast period. However, a lack of awareness about the condition and side effects of onychomycosis treatment drugs hampers the market growth.
Browse Global Onychomycosis Treatment Market report-https://www.credenceresearch.com/report/onychomycosis-treatment-market
The global onychomycosis treatment market is bifurcated into Disease Type, Treatment Type, Drug Class, Distribution Channel, and Geography. Based on disease type, the market is divided into distal subungual onychomycosis, proximal subungual onychomycosis, white superficial onychomycosis, candidal onychomycosis, and others. Based on the treatment type, the global market is segmented into laser therapy, photodynamic therapy, and drug treatment. Based on the drug class, the market is categorized into allylamine, azole, griseofulvin, and others. Based on the distribution channel, the market is categorized into hospitals and clinics, online stores, retail pharmacies, and others. The market is categorized geographically into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, the Middle East, and Africa.
North America dominated the onychomycosis treatment market in 2021, owing to rising awareness of the disease and the availability of various treatment options in the region. The growing desire for improved aesthetic appeal and hygiene raises regional market growth for timely clinic visits and early detection of such infectious diseases.
Why to Buy This Report –
- The report examines the global onychomycosis treatment market by segment, current trends, drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, and market dynamics from 2016 to 2020, with 2021 as the base year and 2022-2028 as the projected period.
- The report includes information on the competitive landscape, such as how the market’s key players operate at the global, regional, and country levels.
- In-depth analysis of the global onychomycosis treatment market segmentation by disease type, treatment type, drug class, and distribution channel.
- The report contains comprehensive and authentic data for all factors, including CAGR, supply and demand, import-export statistics, consumer purchasing trends, and others.
- The onychomycosis treatment market report includes global, regional, and country-level market analysis, key market trends, major players analysis, market growth strategies, and key application areas.
The Global Onychomycosis Treatment Market is Segmented into:
|Forecast Period||2022 – 2028|
|Historical Year||2016 – 2021|
|By Disease Type (2016–2028; US$ Mn)|
|By Treatment Type (2016–2028; US$ Mn)|
|By Drug Class (2016–2028; US$ Mn)|
|By Distribution Channel (2016–2028; US$ Mn)|
|By Geography Segment (2016–2028; US$ Mn)|