Tissue engineering is the study of the growth of new connective tissues, or organs, from cells and a collagenous scaffold to produce a fully functional organ for implantation back into the donor host. This technique allows the organs to be grown from implantation and is therefore free from immunological rejection. Tissue engineering is primarily used for the treatment of burns and accident wounds, for cosmetic surgeries, in correcting birth defects, in wound care, in orthopedics, and in neurology, amongst others. Advancements in cell culture technology have encouraged the adaptation of tissue engineering in the healthcare industry. Moreover, the use of animal testing models has raised various ethical issues, and hence, the demand for tissue engineered human equivalents is growing at a rapid rate.
The tissue engineering market is expected to witness rapid growth due to its rapid diversification and growth as it allows circumvention of the problem of organ shortage. Furthermore, the development in biochemistry, biomaterials, molecular medicine, genetics, nanotechnology, and biomedical engineering would further assist the market during the forecast period of 2016–2022. According to market experts, the increasing applications of tissue engineering in the neurological and dental segments would contribute to the growth of the tissue engineering market in the future. Favorable policies of the governments in relation to tissue engineering will also add incremental opportunity to exploit this market.
The global tissue engineering market is segmented on the following basis:
Global Tissue Engineering Market Revenue (US$ Mn), By Applications, 2016–2022.
- Cardiology and Vascular
- Orthopedic and muscoskeletal
- Cord blood and cell banking
Global Tissue Engineering Market Revenue (US$ Mn), By Geography, 2016-2022
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- South-east Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East and Africa
Key players identified for the tissue engineering market include:
Medtronic plc, Acell, Inc., Zimmer Biomet, Athersys, Inc., Organogenesis, Inc., Stryker Corporation, and ReproCell, Inc.
This report offers:
- An overview of the global markets for tissue engineering
- Market trends assessment for the period 2014–2022, with historical information for 2014 and 2015 and projections through 2022, with respective CAGRs during 2016–2022.
- Qualitative assessment tools such as market drivers, challenges, and future prospects
- Market competition scrutiny tools such as market share analysis and fractal map assessment
- Focus on each level of market segmentation based on product approvals, launches, and current and anticipated market dynamics.