Following the approval of the first monoclonal antibody in 1986, approval and sales were flat until the introduction of the first chimeric monoclonal antibodies. With further approvals of humanized and fully human monoclonal antibodies, the market for therapeutic monoclonal antibodies experienced a significant surge to become a multi-billion dollar market in the current decade. With over 300 monoclonal antibody candidates under assessment, this segment will continue to drive the sales of biopharmaceutical products. The number of monoclonal antibody products being made commercially available is rising consistently, with an addition of 3–5 products every year.
Perpetually expanding interest in antibody product development is significantly driven by progress in our understanding of diseases. Areas such as proteomics and genomics continue to provide newer targets for disease modulation. Monoclonal antibodies are claimed to provide the fastest route of clinical proof of concept for the inhibition, blocking, or activation of new targets.
Since the production of monoclonal antibody products is easily open to several platform-based approaches and the antibodies are mostly well-tolerated and specific, the risk of safety issues in human clinical trials of monoclonal antibody products is rare. Hence, after successful proof-of-concept studies with these products, they are observed to undergo rapid commercialization, thereby gaining a first-to-market advantage. Another factor facilitating the growth of this market is the overall expansion of the global pharmaceuticals market, resulting from growth in the senescent population and the evolving standard of living in emerging economies.
The global platelet-rich plasma market is segmented on the following bases:
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- North America
- Molecule Type
- Top Drugs
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
Middle East and Africa
Key players identified for the therapeutic monoclonal antibody market include but are not limited to:
Abbott Laboratories, AbbVie Inc., Amgen, Inc., AstraZeneca, Bayer AG, Biogen Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb Co., Daiichi Sankyo Company, Ltd., Eli Lilly and Company, GlaxoSmithKline Plc., Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., Mylan, Novartis AG, Novo Nordisk A/S, Pf
This report offers the following:
- An overview of the global markets for therapeutic monoclonal antibodies
- Market trends assessment for the period 2013–2024, with historical information for 2013 and 2014 and projections through 2024, with respective CAGRs during 2016–2024
- Qualitative assessment tools such as market drivers, challenges, future prospects, major commercial events, etc.
- Market competition scrutiny tools such as market share assessment, an attractive investment proposition, and others
- Focus on each level of market segmentation based on product approvals, launches, and current and anticipated market dynamics.
- A general overview of the industry structure
- Company profiles highlight key information about the major players operating in the therapeutic monoclonal antibodies market.