Dehydration is generally a process in which the water content, as well as the moisture, are removed from the food. Dehydration basically helps preserve food for longer. It is suitable to preserve seasonal vegetables and fruits. Dehydrated food provides significant nutritional value as well as easy storage and an economical price.
The global dehydrated food market is growing at a fast pace and is anticipated to observe significant growth over the next seven years until 2023. Expanding demand for food products with a wide shelf life, along with rising demand for seasonal products all over the world, is expected to intensify the growth of the dehydrated food market over the period 2016–2023. Apart from this, enhancing the demand for food producers to preserve food products for a longer duration is also fostering the growth of the dehydrated food market worldwide and is likely to fuel the growth till 2023.
At present, the North American region captured the maximum share in revenue from the dehydrated food market and is anticipated to dominate over the forecast period. An increase in the consumption of meat products in the U.S. is expected to outpace the growth of the dehydrated food market in the region over the forecast period.
The global dehydrated food market is mainly concentrated in North America. Major players are adopting different market strategies to enter and enhance their market position and distribution network.
The global dehydrated food market is segmented on the following basis:
- Hot Dried
- Spray Dried
- Freeze Dried
- Vacuum Dried
- Dairy Products
- Meat Products
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key players identified across the value chain in the dehydrated food market include but are not limited to:
Kraft Foods Inc., General Mills Inc., Nissin Food Holdings Co. Ltd., Ting Hsin International, Unilever, Ajinomoto Co. Inc., House Foods Corp., and others
This report offers the following:
- An overview of the global dehydrated food market
- Market trends assessment for the period 2016-2023, with historical information for 2013 and 2014 and projections through 2023, with respective CAGRs during 2016-2023 and 2015 as the base year
- Qualitative assessment tools such as market drivers, challenges, and future prospects, and competitive analysis: market positioning of key market players
- Focus on each level of market segmentation based on product approvals, launches, and current and anticipated market dynamics.
- A general overview of the industry structure
- Company profiles highlighting key information about the major players operating in the global dehydrated food market,
- This report includes an estimation of market sizes for value. Both top-down and bottom-up approaches have been used to estimate and validate the size of the dehydrated food market.