Polyethylene furoate (PEF) is derived from plants and is a 100% recyclable and bio-based polymer. It has the potential to replace the conventionally based durable material polyethylene terephthalate (PET). Polyethylene furoate has a better barrier and mechanical properties when compared to polyethylene terephthalate. It can also be considered the next generation of polyester.
The market for polyethylene furoate is witnessing growth on the back of rising environmental concerns about reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Moreover, stringent government regulations towards the consumption of non-recyclable plastics will likely stimulate market growth. In addition, a shift in trend towards eco-friendly substitutes is likely to drive market growth for PEF. A decrease in crude oil prices is projected to hinder the PEF market’s growth. Moreover, a lack of raw material availability is likely to impede the market growth.
Europe and Asia-Pacific are projected to be the most promising markets for PEF. Supportive government policies in Europe are one of the major factors contributing to market growth in this region. Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest-growing market due to the growing packaging sector in Malaysia, India, Singapore, Australia, and China. North America is also projected to grow significantly, owing to stringent government regulations and growing environmental concerns.
The global polyethylene furoate (PEF) market is segmented on the following basis:
- Packaging Product
- Fibers and fibrous webs
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- South-east Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East and Africa
Key players identified in the polyethylene furoate (PEF) market include but are not limited to:
Novamont, Avantium, Toray, Canon Inc., and Evian are some key players in this market.
This report offers the following:
- An overview of the global polyethylene furoate (PEF) market
- Market trends assessment for the period 2016-2023, with historical information for 2013 and 2014 and projections through 2023, with respective CAGRs during 2016-2023 and 2015 as the base year
- Qualitative assessment tools such as market drivers, challenges, and prospects, and competitive analysis: market positioning of key market players
- Focus on each level of market segmentation based on product approvals, launches, and current and anticipated market dynamics.
- A general overview of the industry structure
- Company profiles highlight key information about the major players operating in the global polyethylene furoate (PEF) market.
- This report includes an estimation of market sizes for value and volume. Both top-down and bottom-up approaches have been used to estimate and validate the polyethylene furoate (PEF) market size.