Growth in the eCommerce sector, as well as a busy work schedule, have strengthened the demand for buying clothes and related accessories online instead of going to brick-and-mortar or physical stores. It has been noticed that some of the leading e-commerce firms, such as Amazon and Flipkart (India), have created immense potential in this industry.
The global online apparel market is growing at a fast pace and is anticipated to observe stupendous growth between 2016 and 2023. The rising trend of e-commerce due to the escalation of internet penetration, especially in Asian countries, is expected to intensify the online apparel market till 2023. Apart from this, rising urban populations, along with a rise in fashion consciousness and robust growth in the number of smartphone subscribers, are anticipated to impel the purchase of apparel through online platforms in the future.
At present, North America is the largest market for online apparel. Rising awareness about online apparel, along with the increasing number of women in the workforce, is projected to boost the online apparel demand in the Asia Pacific region over the coming few years and will expand the growth during the forecast period.
The global online apparel market is mainly concentrated in North America. Major players are adopting different market strategies to enter and enhance their market position and distribution network.
The global online apparel market is segmented on the following basis:
By Price Point
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key players identified across the value chain in the online apparel market include but are not limited to:
Walmart, Amazon Inc., eBay, Apple Inc., Alibaba Group, Gap, Staples Inc., and Kroger, among others.
This report offers the following:
- An overview of the global online apparel market
- Market trends assessment for the period 2016-2023, with historical information for 2013 and 2014 and projections through 2023, with respective CAGRs during 2016-2023 and 2015 as the base year
- Qualitative assessment tools such as market drivers, challenges, and future prospects, and competitive analysis: market positioning of key market players
- Focus on each level of market segmentation based on product approvals, launches, and current and anticipated market dynamics.
- A general overview of the industry structure
- Company profiles highlighting key information about the major players operating in the global online apparel market
- This report includes an estimation of market sizes for value. Both top-down and bottom-up approaches have been used to estimate and validate the size of the online apparel market.