Hydrogen sulfide (H2S) is found in crude oil extracted from geological sources. In atmospheric distillation, along with lighter hydrocarbons, hydrogen sulfide is separated from the rest of the oil. In the amine treatment unit, H2S is separated from hydrocarbons and fed to the sulfur recovery unit (SRU) for extracting sulfur. With the use of multiple conversion reactors, generally, up to 97% of H2S is converted to elemental sulfide. The remaining tail gas can be sent to a tail gas treatment absorber as, due to environmental concerns, H2S has to be removed from the tail gas.
Due to increasing oil and gas explration activities and stringent environmental regulations, the sulfur recovery technology market has shown significant growth over the past few years. Growing numbers of refineries and gas processing plants in Asian and Middle Eastern markets have also enhanced the market for sulfur recovery technologies. In 2015, the Middle East and Africa were the two largest markets for sulfur recovery technology.
Key trends observed in the global sulfur recovery technology market are increasing partnerships between refineries and fertilizer producers and modifications to enhance sulfur recovery technologies. Along with this, refineries are adopting specialized tail gas treatment and recovery processes to enhance their sulfur recovery yield.
Countries covered under each region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- South-east Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East and Africa
Key players identified for the Sulphur Recovery Technology market include but are not limited to:
Amec Foster Wheeler, Black & Veatch Holding Company, Fluor Corporation, GTC Technology US LLC, Jacobs Engineering Group Inc., KT-Kinetics Technology SpA, Linde AG, Technip SA, WorleyParsons Ltd., and Chiyoda Corporation
This report offers the following:
- An overview of the global markets for sulfur recovery technology
- Market trends assessment for the period 2014-2023, with historical information for 2013 and 2014 and projections through 2023, with respective CAGRs during 2016-2023
- Qualitative assessment tools such as market drivers, challenges, and future prospects
- Market competition scrutiny tools such as market share analysis, fractal map assessment, and Porter’s Five Forces model
- Focus on each level of market segmentation based on product approvals, launches, and current and anticipated market dynamics.
- A general overview of the industry structure
- Company profiles highlight key information about the major players operating in the sulfur recovery technology market.