Topical Excipients Market By Product (Inorganic Chemicals and Organic Chemicals), By Function (Buffers, Adsorbents, Permeation Enhancers, Surfactants, Stabilizers, Emulsifiers, Preservatives, Chelating Agents, Polymers, Humectants and Others) - Growth, Future Prospects & Competitive Analysis, 2017 – 2025

The World Health Organization 2015, report has stated that the non-communicable diseases are responsible for 70 % of deaths occurring due to chronic ailment, the remaining 30 % deaths are due to communicable diseases. Pharmaceutical industries are investing huge amount of revenue in the formulation and development studies to effectively deliver the drugs in human body. Excipients undergo tremendous scrutiny and modification to achieve desirable physical and chemical characterization of the drug formulations.

In the product segment for topical excipients inorganic chemicals and organic chemicals are studied. The inorganic chemicals consists of calcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, calcium sulfate, magnesium stearate, metallic oxides and others. Organic chemicals is segmented as starch, cellulose, petrochemicals, oleochemicals and other organic chemicals. Starch is further sub-segmented as modified starch, dried starch and converted starch. Cellulose includes cellulose ethers, microcrystalline cellulose, cellulose esters and CMC and croscarmellose sodium. Petrochemicals considered as topical excipients are the glycols, povidones, mineral hydrocarbons, acrylic polymers and other petrochemical excipients. Glycols comprises of polyethylene glycol and propylene glycols. Mineral hydrocarbons majorly comprises petrolatum, mineral waxes and mineral oils. Oleochemicals are further categorized as fatty acids, mineral stearate, glycerin and other oleochemicals excipients. The excipients find different functions in drug formulation such as buffers, adsorbents, permeation enhancers, surfactants, stabilizers, emulsifiers, preservatives, chelating agents, polymers, humectants and others. Market estimation and data mining is performed for the product and function segments respectively.

Cross country sectional analysis is performed to understand the market trend of topical excipients at regional level, the segmentation is as follows:

  • North America
    • U.S.
    • Canada
  • Europe
    • U.K.
    • Germany
    • Rest of Europe
  • Asia Pacific
    • China
    • Japan
    • Rest of Asia Pacific
  • Latin America
    • Mexico
    • Brazil
    • Rest of LATAM
  • Middle East and Africa
    • GCC
    • Rest of Middle East and Africa

For the scope of the report market estimation and data mining is performed for the geography segments.

There is tremendous diversity in the topical excipients which are used in drug formulation, and hence it is very important to understand the competition existing in the topical excipients market. Market assessment gives a brief idea regarding the latest trend existing in the preference of excipients for drug formulation. Company profiles will furnish entire product range of the excipients and financial information of the companies. Manufacturers influencing the topical excipients market are Ashland, Inc., AkzoNobel, Roquette Group, BASF SE, J. M. Huber Corporation, The DOW Chemical Company, The Lubrizol Corporation, FMC Corporation, Evonik Industries AG, Merck Millipore, Associated British Foods Plc, Croda International Plc, Archer Daniels Midland Company, and Others.

Topical Excipients Market

For the purpose of this study, the global topical excipients market is categorized into the following regional and country specific markets:

  • North America
    • U.S.
    • Canada
  • Europe
    • U.K.
    • Germany
    • Rest of Europe
  • Asia Pacific
    • China
    • Japan
    • India
    • Rest of Asia Pacific
  • Latin America
    • Brazil
    • Mexico
    • Rest of Latin America
  • Middle East and Africa
    • GCC
    • Rest of Middle East and Africa

Topical Excipients Market

Centre for Disease Control and Prevention states that in the United States 7 in 10 people suffer with health complications and immediately require medical intervention. Rising prevalence of health complications and domicile of market leaders manufacturing topical excipients buttress the growth of topical excipients in North America. Western Europe is pioneering in producing high quality topical excipients with pharmaceutical companies investing huge in accelerated stability testing studies of drug formulation. Asia Pacific is an attractive market destination for topical excipients on account of large ailing population, huge production of generic drug formulation and establishment of major pharmaceutical players engaged in production of branded drugs supports the Asian Pacific market growth.

Choose License Type
Published Date:  Jan 2018
Category:  Pharmaceuticals
Report ID:   58941
Report Format:   PDF
Pages:   120
Rating:    4.2 (28)
Connect With Us
+1-408-641-3282
24/7 Research Support