Cottonseed is basically a cooking oil that is extracted from the seeds of cotton plants of different species. Cottonseed oil is a by-product of the cotton industry. The production process involved in the extraction of cottonseed oil includes pressing and extraction through refinement and purification methods.
The global cottonseed oil market is growing at a faster pace and is anticipated to observe robust growth over the next seven years until 2023. Significant demand for cottonseed oil from the food and beverage industry is anticipated to foster the growth of the cottonseed oil market over the period 2016–2023.
At present, Asia-Pacific captured the maximum share in revenue from the cottonseed oil market and is anticipated to dominate over the forecast period. Higher cotton cultivation in the Asia Pacific has strengthened the growth of the cottonseed oil market in the region. North America captured the second-largest share in the total revenue of the cottonseed oil market in the same year. Latin America is anticipated to be the fastest-growing region over the forecast period.
The global cottonseed oil market is mainly concentrated in Asia. Major players are adopting different market strategies to enter and enhance their market position and distribution network.
The global cottonseed oil market is segmented on the following basis:
By Raw Material
- Non-Genetically Modified Cotton
- Genetically modified cotton
- Food Processing
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key players identified across the value chain in the cottonseed oil market include but are not limited to:
Biostrum Nutritech Pvt. Ltd., Sterling Technology, NIG Nutritionals Ltd., Cuprem Inc., Ingredia Nutritional, APS BioGroup, and Saskatoon Cottonseed Oil Co. Ltd., among others.
This report offers the following:
- An overview of the global cottonseed oil market
- Market trends assessment for the period 2016-2023, with historical information for 2013 and 2014 and projections through 2023, with respective CAGRs during 2016-2023 and 2015 as the base year
- Qualitative assessment tools such as market drivers, challenges, and future prospects, and competitive analysis: market positioning of key market players
- Focus on each level of market segmentation based on product approvals, launches, and current and anticipated market dynamics.
- A general overview of the industry structure
- Company profiles highlighting key information about the major players operating in the global cottonseed oil market,
- This report includes an estimation of market sizes for value. Both top-down and bottom-up approaches have been used to estimate and validate the size of the cottonseed oil market.