Diabetic food or diet is generally recommended for people with high blood glucose content in the body. Rising awareness of diabetes, along with preventive measures, is expected to fuel the growth of the diabetic food market over the period 2016–2026. It has been noted that with the change in lifestyle and hectic work schedule, consumers are demanding junk food, and a lack of exercise or any other physical activity is ultimately leading to diabetes, which in turn is expected to create more demand for diabetic food all over the world.
The global diabetic food market is growing at a fast pace and is anticipated to attain significant growth over the next seven years until 2023. Rising urbanization, along with changes in lifestyle and escalating personal disposable income, especially in developing countries such as China and India, is anticipated to expand the growth of the diabetic food market over the forecast period. Apart from this, an increasing diabetic population coupled with increasing health consciousness among consumers is expected to spur the global diabetic food market over the forecast period.
At present, the North American region captured the maximum share in revenue from the diabetic food market and is anticipated to dominate over the forecast period. Rising health-related complications due to population aging and a rising level of obesity are anticipated to impel the growth of the diabetic food market in the region.
The global diabetic food market is mainly concentrated in North America. Major players are adopting different market strategies to enter and enhance their market position and distribution network.
The global diabetic food market is segmented on the following bases:
- Ice cream and jellies
- Dairy Product
- Bakery Product
- Dietary Beverage
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key players identified across the value chain in the diabetic food market include but are not limited to:
The Coca-Cola Company, Unilever Plc., Pepsico Inc., Nestle S.A., Mars Incorporated, Kellogg Co., David Chapman’s Ice Cream Ltd., Fifty-50 Foods Inc., Cadbury Plc., and others
This report offers the following:
- An overview of the global diabetic food market
- Market trends assessment for the period 2016-2023, with historical information for 2013 & 2014 and projections through 2023, with respective CAGRs during 2016-2023 and 2015 as the base year
- Qualitative assessment tools such as market drivers, challenges and future prospects, and competitive analysis: market positioning of key market players
- Focus on each level of market segmentation based on product approvals, launches, and current and anticipated market dynamics
- A general overview of the industry structure
- Company profiles highlighting key information about the major players operating in the global diabetic food market,
- This report includes an estimation of market sizes for value. Both top-down and bottom-up approaches have been used to estimate and validate the size of the diabetic food market.