+91-8668442535
Home / Chemicals / Ferromanga

Ferromanganese Market Growth, Future Prospects & Competitive Analysis, 2016 - 2022

Ferromanganese was first found in 1872 by Lambart von Pantz. He produced ferromanganese in a blast furnace with a high manganese content, which was hardly possible. This achievement led to international recognition for the company, along with a gold medal at the 1873 Venice World's Fair. The company also received a certificate of an award at the 1876 Centennial Exposition in Pennsylvania.

Ferromanganese, a ferroalloy with a high content of manganese, is produced by heating a mixture of Fe2O3 and MnO2 with carbon in a blast furnace. In the furnace, these oxides go through carbothermal oxidation, thereby producing the final product, ferromanganese. Ferromanganese is widely used in steelmaking and foundry activities. About 30% of the manganese used in steelmaking is used due to its properties as a deoxidant and sulfur dioxide former. The remaining 70% of manganese is purely used as an alloying element, which provides key properties such as strength and toughness. Low-carbon ferromanganese is used in the welding industry, whereas high-carbon ferromanganese is used in the steel industry for a wide range of applications.

Growing demand from the steel industry for ferromanganese is anticipated to fuel the growth of the global ferromanganese market. Manganese improves the workability, tensile strength, toughness, resistance to abrasion, and hardness of steel. Increasing construction activities in the BRICS have led to high demand for steel. Hence, high demand is reported for ferromanganese from the steel industry. In addition, the growing demand for ferromanganese from the welding industry is also one of the factors driving the growth of the ferromanganese market. Increasing demand from the allied sector is also anticipated to contribute to the growth of the global ferromanganese market. Hence, high demand for ferromanganese is reported from the steel industry and welding industry during the forecast period from 2015 to 2022.

The global ferromanganese market is segmented on the following basesd

End-Users

  • Steel Industry
  • Metallurgy
  • Chemical Industry
  • Others

Geography

  • North America
  • US
  • Canada
  • Europe
  • UK
  • Germany
  •  France
  • Rest of Europe
  • Asia-Pacific (APAC)
  • Japan
  • China
  • India
  • Rest of APAC
  • Middle East and Africa (MEA)
  • South Africa
  • Saudi Arabia
  •  Rest of MEA
  • Latin America 

Key players identified for the ferromanganese market include, but are not limited to:

Monet Group, Gulf Minerals Corporation, Jiaocheng Yiwang Ferro Alloy Co. Ltd., Tata Steel Ltd.—Ferro Alloys and Steel Division, Calcutta Carbide Pvt. Ltd., Eurasian Natural Resources Corporation PLC, OM Holdings Ltd., Shanghai Shenjia Ferro Alloys Co. Ltd., ISPAT India, and Sino Steel Jilin Ferro Alloy Corporation Ltd.

This report offers the following:

  • An overview of the global markets for ferromanganese
  • Market trends assessment for the period 2014–2022, with historical information for 2014 and 2015 and projections through 2022, with respective CAGRs during 2016–2022.
  • Qualitative assessment tools such as market drivers, challenges, and future prospects; market attractiveness; and positioning of key players
  • Focus on each level of market segmentation based on product approvals, launches, and current and anticipated market dynamics.
  • A general overview of the industry structure
  • Company profiles highlight key information about the major players operating in the ferromanganese market.

Frequently Asked Question:

The market for Ferromanganese is expected to reach USD XX million Bn in 2022.

The Ferromanganese market is expected to see significant CAGR growth over the coming years, at XX%.

The report is forcasted from 2015 -2022

The base year of this report is 2014.

Monet Group, Gulf Minerals Corporation, Jiaocheng Yiwang Ferro Alloy Co. Ltd., Tata Steel Ltd. are some of the major players in the global market.

Choose License Type
Trusted By
Godaddy
Published Date:  Jun 2016
Category:  Chemicals
Report ID:   57958
Report Format:   PDF
Pages:   120
Rating:    4.5 (60)
Delivery Time: 24 Hours to 48 Hours   
Connect With Us
+91-8668442535
24/7 Research Support