Gellan gum is basically a polysaccharide that has a high molecular weight and is produced by fermentation. Gellan gum is commercially used for cosmetic, food, pharmaceutical, and non-food products in various countries, such as China, the U.S., Canada, Japan, the European Union, and others. Gellan gum finds application in a wide range of hygiene and cosmetic products, including lotions, face masks, creams, and others.
This is attributed to the strong hold and texture provided by gellan gum in sunscreens, as it stabilizes the oily factor in creams. Gellan gum finds profound use as a stabilizer, emulsifier, and thickener and is either used individually or in combination with another product in order to develop textures. Gellan gum forms a transparent gel, which suspends with minimal viscosity during the gel solution’s formation.
Other advantages of gellan gum include better thermal stability, degree of structure, and setting temperature, depending upon the gellan gum used and the concentration of gelling ions used to formulate gellan gum for a particular product.
Increasing demand for jelly, pudding, jam, confectionery, marshmallows, and desserts among consumers has led food manufacturers to develop formulations that offer better stability, texture, and hold to the product. This is driving the demand for gellan gum among food manufacturers at a significant rate. Also, there is rising demand for gellan gum in beverages, which is primarily due to the demand for gelled beverages.
Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the market, owing to the significant growth of the gellan gum market in China. North America follows, along with Japan and Europe. Although geranium is commercially produced in the USA and Japan by C. P. Kelco, the market is stable in these countries.
The global gellan gum market is segmented on the following basis:
- High-Acyl Gellan Gum
- Low-Acyl Gellan Gum
- Food and beverages
- Personal care products
- Chemical industry
- Textile production
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- South-east Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East and Africa
Key players identified for the gellan gum market include but are not limited to:
Biopolymer International, DSM, C P Kelco, Xinjiang Fufeng Biotechnologies Co., Ltd., H, and A Canada, Menara-Berlian, Transparency Manufacturers, Ingredients U.K., Nanjing Joyfulchem Co., Ltd., Food Manufacturing Co., UK, IHC Chempharm, Dancing Caixin Sugar Industry Co., Ltd., Zhejiang Zhongken Biotech Co., Ltd.
This report offers the following:
- An overview of the global markets for gellan gum
- Market trends assessment for the period 2013-2023, with historical information for 2013 and 2014 and projections through 2023, with respective CAGRs during 2016 and 2023
- Qualitative assessment tools such as market drivers, challenges, and future prospects for gellan gum
- Market competition scrutiny tools such as market share analysis, fractal map assessment, and attractive investment proposition
- Focus on each level of market segmentation based on product approvals, launches, and current and anticipated market dynamics.
- A general overview of the industry structure
- Company profiles, highlighting key information about the major players operating in the gellan gum market,