Flooring is the material that is used to cover the floor area. The materials applied to the floor are finished products, making the floor walkable. The materials used in the industry are application-based, such as wood, carpets and rugs, vinyl and rubber, laminate flooring, and tile, among others. These materials are used for commercial and industrial areas according to specific requirements. Flooring materials are generally classified into four types: resilient flooring, soft covering, seamless flooring, and non-resilient flooring. Soft coverings, also known as textile coverings, mainly comprise carpets and rugs. Soft coverings are used on a large scale in both the industrial and residential sectors. Soft coverings offer various benefits, such as dust-binding and non-reducing characteristics. They are also good insulators, which provide warmth and pleasing aesthetics with comfort.
New trends and innovation in the construction industry are the major factors driving the growth of the global flooring market. A wide range of flooring is being offered by a number of players in the market. Therefore, high competition is reported in the flooring industry. Innovation in flooring designs is highly accepted across the globe in commercial, residential, and industrial sectors. The traditional trends used in the construction industry are now out of focus as advanced flooring trends have attracted the building and construction industry. Modern flooring designs not only offer an attractive look but also have benefits as compared to traditional flooring. Hence, technological development is playing a major role in promoting the growth of the flooring market worldwide. High demand from the commercial sector is anticipated to fuel high demand for flooring. Another important factor contributing to the demand for flooring from various sectors is the availability of innovative construction solutions that require low maintenance and are highly durable. All these factors have boosted the demand for flooring in the market, and the demand is expected to rise in the near future.
The global flooring market is segmented on the following basis:
- Inventive+ paraphrase
- Hardwood Flooring
- Flooring that is not resilient
- Soft furnishings
- Seamless floors
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- South-east Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Players Identified for the Flooring Market include but are not limited to:
Amtico, Armstrong, Congoleum, Gerflor, IVC Group, Forbo, Interface Global, Mohawk Flooring, Polyflor, Mannington Mills, Inc., Shaw Floors, Pergo, Tarkett Group, and Boral Limited.
This report offers the following:
- An overview of the global markets for flooring
- Market trends assessment for the period 2014-2022, including historical data for 2014 and 2015, as well as projections through 2022, with respective CAGRs from 2016 to 2022.
- Qualitative assessment tools include market drivers, challenges and future prospects, market attractiveness, and key player positioning.
- Focus on each level of market segmentation based on product approvals, launches, and current and anticipated market dynamics.
- A general overview of the industry structure
- Company profiles highlight key information about the major players operating in the flooring market.