All clothing, helmets, other garments, and goggles that are used to protect the wearer’s body from injury are referred to as personal protective equipment (PPE). Personal protective equipment is basically used for safety during sports activities, recreational activities, and other activities, ensuring full body protection from airborne particulate, heat, electrical hazards, biohazards, physical hazards, and others. New product development is a key factor driving the demand for PPE equipment across the globe. Other factors fueling the personal protective equipment market’s growth include growing awareness and consciousness for safety in the workplace, government policies and regulations for the safety compliance of workers, and the development of cost-effective products by manufacturers. Also, increasing accidents at the workplace, infection-related issues, especially in the healthcare sector, and improvements in the overall manufacturing and industrial sectors are expected to bolster the personal protective equipment market’s growth in the next five to six years.
North America is anticipated to remain dominant in terms of revenue contribution, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is further expected to record the highest growth during the forecast period. This is majorly attributed to increased product availability, an improved distribution channel, and rising awareness among consumers. However, tariff barriers coupled with the high cost associated with personal protective equipment manufacturing might hamper the market growth. Personal protective equipment manufacturers are focused on improving the supply chain, emphasizing end-user preferences, and enhancing their geographic reach. In addition, manufacturers are developing products offering better safety, maintenance, and comfort to the wearer.
The global personal protective equipment market is segmented on the following bases:
- Head Protection
- Hearing Protection
- Eye Protection
- Protective clothing
- Hand Protection
- Respiratory Protection
- Professional footwear
- Power and Energy
- Oil and gas
- Food manufacturing
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key players identified for the personal protective equipment market include, but are not limited to:
Ansell Healthcare Products LLC., V Group, Wells Lamont Industry Group, Honeywell Life Safety, 3M Company, Bekina NV, Alpha Pro Tech Ltd., Gateway Safety Inc., Rahman Group, and Avon Rubber PLC.
This report offers the following:
- An overview of the global markets for personal protective equipment
- Market trends assessment for the period 2013-2023, with historical information for 2013 and 2014 and projections through 2023, with respective CAGRs during 2016 and 2023
- Qualitative assessment tools such as market drivers, challenges, and future prospects for personal protective equipment
- Market competition scrutiny tools such as market share analysis, fractal map assessment, and attractive investment proposition
- Focus on each level of market segmentation based on product approvals, launches, and current and anticipated market dynamics.
- A general overview of the industry structure
- Company profiles highlighting key information about the major players operating in the personal protective equipment market