Therapeutic beds are a consistently growing market due to the overall growth in chronic disease prevalence and the geriatric patient population. Therapeutic beds are basically used in hospitals, clinics, and home care. The ease of use of novel equipment has led to the introduction of therapeutic beds and mattresses into the retail sector. Major drivers of the therapeutic beds market are the advent of innovative treatments that demand changes in the hospital infrastructure, the rise in the high-risk geriatric population, and the prevalence of chronic diseases.
Growing preference for home care and assisted living has also allowed for growth in demand for therapeutic beds. The introduction of innovative features such as lightweight, automation, adjustable height, side railing, and others have further added to the demand for therapeutic beds through upgrading existing products. Some of the restraining factors in this market are the high prices of new products. This market is highly competitive, with several local players manufacturing base-line products. Hospitals are still the major market segment for therapeutic beds. However, growing awareness among the patient population, particularly the geriatric and disabled groups, will serve as potential opportunities in this market.
The global market for therapeutic beds is segmented on the following bases:
- ICU beds
- Pediatric beds
- Maternity beds
- Bariatric beds, e., air-fluidized beds
- Standard medical beds
- Low air loss bed systems
- clinics and ambulatory care
- Home care
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- South-east Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East and Africa
Key players identified for the therapeutic beds market include but are not limited to:
Invacare Corporation, Stryker Corporation, Hill Rom, Inc., Grant Airmass Corporation, Casco Solutions, BaKare Beds Ltd., and several others.
This report offers the following:
- An overview of the global markets for therapeutic beds
- Market trends assessment for the period 2014–2022, with historical information for 2014 and 2015 and projections through 2022, with respective CAGRs during 2016–2022.
- Qualitative assessment tools such as market drivers, challenges, future prospects, major commercial events, etc.
- Market competition scrutiny tools such as market share analysis, an attractive investment proposition, and Porter’s Five Forces model
- Focus on each level of market segmentation based on product approvals, launches, and current and anticipated market dynamics.
- A general overview of the industry structure
- Company profiles highlight key information about the major players operating in the therapeutic beds market.