Furniture is an important aspect of the rehabilitation of a person after surgery or during the treatment stages of the disease. They are designed taking into consideration their functionality, patient comfort, and safety. The manufacturers involved in the production of therapy chairs are primarily focused on providing basic features such as a manually adjustable footrest, an emergency foot pedal, and brakes for each wheel. A few value additions have been made to the chair design in the past decade, such as a lower armrest, an easy-to-operate remote control, a reading lamp, an infusion pole, and a holder for a paper roll. Motors are attached to the therapy chairs for enhanced locomotion, especially in geriatric patients taking treatment for chronic diseases. The main objective in designing therapy chairs is to facilitate the treatment protocols of medical staff and patients’ comfort while undergoing treatment. Currently, therapy chairs are integrated with microprocessors to manage intelligent control systems.
According to the World Health Organization’s 2015 report, chronic diseases are responsible for 60% of all deaths due to a lack of rehabilitation facilities. The global health and aging report has cited that the number of people 65 and older is expected to reach 1.5 billion by 2050, with a huge baby boomer population in developing nations. These factors are going to drive the therapy chair market to cope with the large number of patients anticipated to receive treatment in the coming years. Because of the rise in cancer prevalence and the availability of advanced features such as the high-speed Trendelenburg position used for surgical procedures on patients suffering from cancer of the abdomen and genitourinary regions, oncology therapy chairs currently dominate the therapy chair market. The number of dialysis chairs is increasing as the number of patients suffering from kidney complications grows, as does the demand for homecare settings.
The segmentation for the global therapy chairs market is given as follows:
- Dialysis Chair
- Oncology Chair
- blood donation chair
- Massage Therapy
- Cycloidal Vibration Therapy
- Gestalt Therapy
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- rest of Latin America
Middle East and Africa
- Rest of the Middle East and Africa
Key players identified for the global therapy chair market include:
The cardinal players identified in the global therapy chairs market are Actualway, Bionic Medizintechnik GmbH, Beautelle Therapy Equipment, Digiterm Ltd., EMD Medical Technologies, Iskra Medical, LiKAMED, Malvestio Group, MCube Technology, TekMed, and others.
This report offers the following:
The following is a synopsis of the scope of the report on the therapy chair market.
- Proper emphasis is given to understanding the existing trend in the therapy chair market for the duration of 2015–2025 by referring to the historical information of 2015 to give a forecast for 2017–2025.
- By performing a market assessment, the compound annual growth rate and market sizing for the respective segments are determined.
- Market size data and the compound annual growth rate are used to determine the most appealing investment proposition for the top three countries.
- The latest technological advancement occurring in the therapy chairs market and the deep insights regarding the business environment given by Porter’s five forces model and competitive landscape
- Comprehensive information regarding the product portfolio, financial details, and recent news coverage is covered in the company profiles section.