Ultrafast CT (also known as electron-beam tomography [EBT]) is used to diagnose heart disease in a few cases. Ultrafast CT is capable of taking multiple images of the heart within the time of a single heartbeat and provides in-depth detail about the function of heart and structures, and aids to decrease turnaround time required for the study. Ultrafast CT’s 3-dimensional (3D) version is mainly used to assess the pulmonary arteries and veins in the lungs. Ultrafast CT scan may also be used to evaluate specific heart defects after birth, as well as other structures in or near the heart. Market experts suggest that, the major application of Ultrafast CT is found in screening young patients with one or multiple risk factors for the development of coronary arterial disease. However, Ultrafast CT scanning possess limited application in older patients in whom some degree of calcification is commonly found. One of the key applications of ultrafast CT technology is discovering the process of atherosclerosis at basic level and enables to observe the development of lesions at initial stage by imaging the changes that occur in the vessel wall.The key drivers assisting the growth of ultrafast CT devices market are short turnaround time, enhanced 3D images, and minute detail about the function of heart and structures.
Geographically, North America is expected to maintain its dominance in the global market of ultrafast CT devices during 2016-2022. The key factors driving ultrafast CT devices market are increasing healthcare expenditure, rising geriatric population, and growing prevalence of chronic lifestyle diseases. The increasing research activity for the advancement of imaging technology is one of the key drivers assisting the growth of the North American market. Asia-Pacific market of ultrafast CT devices is expected to experience the significant growth globally, throughout the forecast period. This is due to the growing geriatric population and surge in the occurrence rate of different chronic diseases. On the other hand, the large patient pool and enhancing healthcare infrastructure are assisting the growth of the market in this region.
The global ultrafast CT scan devices market is segmented on the following bases:
a. Medium Slice CT Scanners
b. High Slice CT Scanners
a. Hospital-based Diagnostic Laboratory
b. Clinic-based Diagnostic Laboratory
c. Standalone Diagnostic Laboratory
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- South-east Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East and Africa
Key Players Identified for Ultrafast CT Scan Devices Market Include but are Not Limited to:
Hitachi, Ltd., Siemens AG, Toshiba Corporation, Koninklijke Philips N.V., GE Healthcare and Samsung Medison Co. Ltd, and Shimadzu Corporation others.
This report offers:
- An overview of the global markets for ultrafast CT scan devices
- Market trends assessment for the period 2014-2022, with historical information for 2014 & 2015, and projections through 2022, with respective CAGRS during 2016-2022
- Qualitative assessment tools such as market drivers, challenges and opportunities
- Market competition scrutiny tools such as market share analysis, fractal map assessment, Porter’s Five Forces model
- Focus on each level of market segmentation based on product approvals, launch, and current and anticipated market dynamics.
- A general overview of the industry structure
- Company profiles highlighting key information about the major players operating in the ultrafast CT scan devices market