Biological safety cabinets are widely used containment devices geared with HEPA filters to provide personnel, product, and environmental protection from biohazardous material. Based on the level of protection offered, such cabinets are largely classified into Class I, II, or III specifications, also with respect to airflow velocities, construction, exhaust systems, and patterns. Deployment of a Class II biological safety cabinet involves consideration of several factors, such as materials, procedures, the number of steps being conducted within the cabinet, facility requirements, location of the cabinet, installation requirements, and others.
Similar to Class I cabinets, Class II cabinets possess a stream of inward air movement, which prevents the escape of generated aerosol during microbiological manipulations. Class II cabinets have a vertical laminar HEPA-filtered air stream that descends down from the interior of the cabinet, a unique feature of Class II cabinets. This process perpetually flushes the cabinet of airborne contaminants and safeguards samples from contamination. All Class II cabinets, like Class I cabinets, protect the operator and environment from biohazard exposure. Class II cabinets also safeguard samples from contamination during microbiological manipulations.
The global transplant diagnostics market is segmented on the following basis:
- Cabinet Type
- Class II, type A
- Class II, type A2 (formerly type A/B3)
- Class II, Type B1
- Class II, Type B2
- Life Science Laboratories
- Research and Pharmaceutical Laboratories
- North America
- The U.K.
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- South-east Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East and Africa
Key players identified for the transplant diagnostics market include but are not limited to:
Esco Technologies, Inc., The Baker Company, Azbil Telstar, S.L., Labconco, NuAire, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Germfree Laboratories, Inc., Bigneat Containment Technology, CHC Lab, and several others
This report offers the following:
- An overview of the global markets for class II biological safety cabinets
- Market trends assessment for the period 2013-2023, with historical information for 2013 and 2014 and projections through 2023, with respective CAGRs during 2016 and 2023
- Qualitative assessment tools such as market drivers, challenges, future prospects, major commercial events, etc.
- Market competition scrutiny tools such as market share analysis, an attractive investment proposition, and others
- Focus on each level of market segmentation based on product approvals, launches, and current and anticipated market dynamics.
- A general overview of the industry structure
- Company profiles highlight key information about the major players operating in class II biological safety cabinets market.