With a growing economy, the usage of packaging is increasing broadly across different consumer sectors, such as cosmetics, healthcare, and consumer goods. However, the packaging industry is directly dependent on raw material providers in order to maintain effective supply and demand. Rising meat consumption is fueling demand for meat packaging techniques among food product manufacturers. Thus serving the purpose of packaging that includes no spoilage of food, perfect final product condition, and the availability of information related to nutritional aspects related to any product. Moreover, the packaging is an important aspect of the food and beverage industry, and food safety is a key concern among food and beverage product manufacturers.
An increasing trend toward flourishing small households, growing health awareness among consumers, a surge in brand differentiation, new product development, and increasing awareness related to environmental concerns are a few factors driving the demand for new and advanced packaging materials for food products among food product manufacturers. In addition, meat packaging is witnessing technological advancements, which are further bolstering the meat packaging market’s growth across the globe. In addition, the easy availability of raw materials, primarily in the Asia Pacific, acts as a growth driver for the meat packaging market.
This is attributed to increased meat consumption in Asia and the Pacific. Overall, the packaging industry is fragmented; however, large packaging manufacturers account for around 70 percent of the total market share. Also, food manufacturers are focused on developing innovative packaging designs, strengthening their product offerings, and expanding their presence in order to capitalize on the rising consumption of meat products among consumers.
The global meat packaging market is segmented on the following basis:
- Modified Atmosphere Packaging
- Vacuum Packaging
- Active and Intelligent Packaging
- Retort Packaging
By Raw Material
By Distribution Channel
- Grocery stores
- Online retailing
- Departmental stores
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Key players identified for the meat packaging market include, but are not limited to:
Amcor Ltd., Tetra Pak International S.A., Crown Holdings, Silgan Holdings, Inc., DuPont, Nuconic Packaging LLC, Toyo Seikan Group Holdings, Ltd., and Reynolds Group
This report offers the following:
- An overview of the global markets for meat packaging
- Market trends assessment for the period 2013-2023, with historical information for 2013 and 2014 and projections through 2023, with respective CAGRs during 2016 and 2023
- Qualitative assessment tools such as market drivers, challenges, and future prospects for meat packaging
- Market competition scrutiny tools such as market share analysis, fractal map assessment, and attractive investment proposition
- Focus on each level of market segmentation based on product approvals, launches, and current and anticipated market dynamics.
- A general overview of the industry structure
- Company profiles highlighting key information about the major players operating in the meat packaging market