With the rapid growth of automation technologies, greater avenues are created to make human life trouble-free. The basic function of automation is to simplify everyday activities and reduce human interventions. Automation helps increase the productivity of equipment by saving power and reducing unproductive cycle time. Manufacturers are developing new home automation systems for performing daily domestic chores with more efficiency and less inconvenience to humans.
Automation can be defined as the process of operating a given device or piece of equipment or performing a task with the help of a control system. The control system includes a processor, transmission lines, and actuators. Domestic applications, including lighting, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning, have been automated to a great extent recently as a part of home automation systems.
With the development of new infrastructure, developers are providing home automation solutions, making homes smarter and more convenient. Apart from luxury and convenience, home automation also includes other prominent functions, such as a home security system. Home automation is also used to a large extent in the medical sector for comforting patients’ activities.
The home automation market is expected to grow substantially in the coming years, with market players striving continuously to develop newer technologies so as to serve a wide array of applications. The development of wireless communications and the ability of gadgets to interact with each other has enabled home automation to become more efficient and reliable.
With this advancement, people are able to control and monitor their devices using their smartphones, irrespective of their location. With the rising discretionary income of people worldwide, the adoption of such technologies is estimated to grow manifold in the coming years. This would significantly elevate the demand for home automation, thereby driving the market’s growth.
The global home automation market is segmented on the following basis:
- Luxury home automation
- Mainstream home automation
- DIY home automation
- Managed home automation
By Networking Technology
- Wired home automation
- Powered line home automation
- computing network home automation
- Wireless home automation
- Lightning, safety, and security
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC)
- Entertainment system
- Medical application
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- South-east Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East and Africa
Key players identified for the home automation market include, but are not limited to:
Crestron Electronics, Inc., AMX LLC, Control4 Corporation, Honeywell International, Inc., Johnson Controls, Inc., Siemens AG, Zigbee Alliance, Vantage Controls, Lightolier, Inc., Daintree Networks, Inc., ADT Corporation, 2GIG Technologies, iControl Networks, Inc., Schneider Electric SA, and others
This report offers the following:
- an overview of the global markets for home automation
- Market trends assessment for the period 2013–2023, with historical information for 2013–2015 and projections through 2023, with respective CAGRs during 2016–2023.
- Qualitative assessment tools such as market drivers, challenges, and future prospects in the market
- Market competition scrutiny tools such as market positioning analysis
- A general overview of the industry structure
- Company profiles highlight key information about the major players operating in the market.